Saturday, September 05, 2009

India Imported

When I was in Rome I met a Catholic priest from India who spoke 13 different languages!
The catacomb tours were ending for the day, and he and another priest walked alongside their bicycles down the Appian Way with my traveling companions and myself. The friendly priest asked where we where from and what places we were visiting in Italy. "Have you been to India?" he asked. "No." I had to admit.
"Oh, don't say that! Say, 'not yet...' " he told me. :) I thought it was so charming.

On Saturday September 12, the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork is holding their 23rd annual "India Fest" -- I haven't been...not yet, however I went to their Llama Fest last year, and that was a lot of fun. If you have an interest in Indian culture, this is a good way to experience a little flavor of India. For more information, follow the link here.

If you go, I recommend taking bottled water, some spending cash, and plan on wearing shoes that are comfortable to walk in, and easy to take off to go inside the temple.


If you're looking for something a little further north, I recommend the restaurant Taste of India in Layton. It's near Barnes and Noble. A menu and directions are available on their website. I like the vegetable korma (rice and vegetables with a delicious Indian sauce) and garlic naan (Indian flat bread). I haven't had their mango lassi, not yet, but I had it an an Indian restuarant in L.A. and it was really good. It's a smooth drink with yogurt and mango.

Enjoy!

No comments: