Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Restaurant Reviews

Pad Thai
1986 N Hill Field Rd # 8
Layton, UT 84041-2112
(801) 776-8424
(By the Hill Field Rd and Antelope Dr intersection)

Good Thai food!
Nice ambiance: table cloths on the tables, low (but not dim) lighting, quiet restaurant
Great service.
Reasonable prices (about $10 a plate for dinner.)

I ordered the "Pad Thai" from the menu, which was Thai noodles, veggies, and your choice of meat (I had the shrimp.) I also tried some of my friend's curry--it was also really good.

Little Taste of Britain
1095 N Main St, Layton
(801) 543-5707
across the street from Shopko

Casual dining.
Operated by husband and (British) wife. Friendly service.
Sandwiches: about $4-5. Fish (cod) and chips: about $8.
British Mini-market within the restaurant where you can buy UK grocery-type items.
Their TV was playing an episode of Fawlty Towers, which ought to count for something right there. :)
Closed Sunday and Monday. Open 11 am- 7 pm Tues-Sat

Taggart's
1105 Taggart Ln Morgan, UT 84050
(801) 829-3837 (Phone)

Can I say ROMANTIC!? Too bad I was there with the girls. ;) The outdoor dining is really nice: waterfall, peacocks roaming around, mountain scenery... It's also nice inside, and has big windows for you to enjoy looking at the outside. :)

Good food (I had the soup of the day--artichoke chicken-- and a salad. It was very tasty, although the soup was warmish, not hot; our orders were slow being served; and I thought ten bucks was a little steep for a bowl of soup and a small salad.) Still, I think it would be a great place to go on a date. The menu also includes Mexican foods like enchiladas; and burgers; sandwiches; etc. I went at lunch-time, so I'm not sure if there is a different menu for dinner.

Kim Long Vietnamese Cuisine
1664 Woodland Park Dr # 101
Layton, UT 84041-5630
(801) 779-9586

Those who know better than I do say that the food is very authentic, and I like it.
The menu can be a little intimidating for someone who hasn't had Vietnamese food before, but I'm sure the friendly staff would be happy to assist you in making a selection if you asked for help. I don't know what my dish was called, but it was a light broth with thin meat, rice noodles, and a few vegetables. I also had a "boba" drink which is comparable to a shake. It has a texture almost like a very soft ice cream, and comes in a variety of flavors and is topped with whipped cream. (I had the peach. It was very good.) In the bottom of the drink are little black starchy balls--I guess they are tapioca. They're chewy and different; if you don't like them it's very easy to drink around them.
The prices are great-- my lunch was filling, yet light on the stomach, and about $6.

Go forth and enjoy good dining!

No comments: