Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Then what ARE you?

The little boy I tutor has a five-year-old sister, Zoey, the Drama Princess. The other day she asked me,
"Sheryl, are you a mom?"
"Nope, I'm not a mom yet."
"Are you a teenager?" she said.
"No, thank goodness, I'm not a teenager anymore." I replied.
She looked a little confused and then said, "Then what are you?!"

I mean, what else is there?

My pupil discovered last week that I was 24, and upon hearing the news he dropped his jaw. (Apparently 24 is pretty old.) He asked why I didn't go to the same church as he does. "I go to a single adult ward." I told him. (What's a single adult ward?) As I explained this I found myself clearing up a misconception. "But I thought you were married to Brother Wilde." (My Dad!)
Oh, man. There's nothing like kids to keep you humble.

5 comments:

Tawni said...

Lol that's awesome! I love kids. They have the funniest insights.

Milly said...

That is HILLARIOUS! I love the innocence and clarity with which they see the world. Things are just so much simpler if you are only 4 feet high!

Kristin said...

Sheryl! I always love reading your blog! As much as I love hearing how everyone's kids are doing, it's so refreshing and fun to read what you have to say. Plus, it makes me feel like I'm in touch with my good friend Sheryl once again! Anyway, mostly I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I'll be a regular reader of your blog. (if that's okay)
~Kristin Jasperson Murri

Tawni said...

Hey can you email me your address? tjaco28@gmail.com. Thanks!

Shannon said...

Hi! I didn't know you had a blog, you should have told me! Very cute. I'm excited to read it!