Monday, February 01, 2010

The Future of Food Film

It's a sad commentary on our society when even foods that we should be free to assume are healthy, aren't. By now I think most people have heard of GMOs-- or Genetically Modified Organisms, but I wonder how many of us realize what they really are and how they affect us. I know I learned quite a few things I didn't already know when I watched the film, "The Future of Food." If you are reading this, I would request that you would watch the first six minutes of this documentary. In it's full-length it's about an hour and a half. I'm just asking that you watch until the 5:55 time appears on the bottom of the viewer. If you eat food everyday, these issues affect you.



From Hulu:
"The Future Of Food offers an in-depth investigation into the disturbing truth behind engineered foods that have quietly filled U.S. grocery store shelves for the past decade."

1 comment:

Amy said...

I finally got around to watching this, and I have to say, I am disgusted! I believe that companies can get away with that, and am so annoyed that living organisms can be patented. Unreal! Thanks for sharing.

(I am obviously only part way through the movie, but enjoying it in an annoyed way nonetheless.)